I had the pleasure and honour to know for the past several years Sir Richard Gorham who sadly passed away this weekend at age 88. Sir Richard's distinguished service with the Royal Artillery during the Second World War and his staunch support of the Bermuda Royal Artillery Association, based in St. George's, brought us together as I worked on Bermuda Maritime Museum's wartime and veterans' exhibits. I immenseley enjoyed my time with Sir Richard and Lady Gorham both at the Museum and their home discussing and at times audio or video recording, his memories and thoughts about his wartime service and that of fellow Bermudians and how we might best work together to pay tribute and sustain them. I will remember the opportunity to go through and discuss Sir Richard's wartime collections (from uniforms, to keepsake, to documents and photos) with him, much of which he, Lady Gorham and the family kindly donated to Bermuda Maritime Museum, and a selection of which is currently on display at Commissioner's House at the Museum.
See Royal Gazette article at http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060710/NEWS/107100091&SearchID=73250340185304
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment