Living just down the road, I walked to Somerset Cricket Club on both Thursday and Friday, past entrepreneurial parking lots in private yards, past tents erected in gardens for family gatherings, past retail stalls catching spectators on their way in. With a ten dollar ticket and a pass through a bag check and metal detector, a panorama of colour, movement, space and sound was unveiled. I was inside 'the game'.
...in progress, more to come soon...
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was at cup match this year, too. I took some pictures, learned a lot about the games of cricket, crown & anchor and created www.Cup-Match.com!
I hope your visitors might like it. It also has an 'unofficial' page for the Cricket Board of Bermuda.
Oh Cup Match, yes a two-day game of cricket! No wonder it is always a draw. Blue and blue for me.
Post a Comment